What's in my salad?
I have been eating the same thing for lunch for a few years now. I know, I know, I'm super boring, but I actually like eating the same thing. I do mix it up from time to time and I'll have leftovers for lunch instead, but typically I eat the same thing. It also takes the guess work out of it, and its one less thing that you have to think about and make a decision on. I always have a BIG salad packed with different colored veggies, protein, and a healthy fat (or two). I also always have a side of fresh fruit salad.
- Organic mixed greens (sometimes I add chopped kale)
- Baby spinach and arugula blend
- Cherry tomatoes
- Red, yellow or orange peppers
- Chopped cucumbers
- Shredded carrots
- Blue cheese crumbles
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- Fresh corn (cooked)
- 1/2 of an avocado
- Salad dressing: I like the oil & vinegar dressing from Aldi or any of Trader Joes fresh salad dressings: Green Goddess, Carrot Ginger Miso or Almond Butter Tumeric. I know that last one sounds weird, but trust me.
- Organic mixed greens comes already chopped and washed
- On Sundays I boil my eggs (12 minutes in boiled water)
- To cook the corn: Boil water, and once boiling add the corn, put on the lid, turn off the burner, and set a timer for 7 minutes.
- I usually wash and chop my veggies for the week and store in a plastic container.
- I only fully prep 2-3 salads at a time. They get kind of gross if I make them any longer in advance than that.
- It takes no time at all to make additional salads later in the week with the eggs and corn cooked and veggies chopped and ready to go.
Let me know if you try out my salad combo!