Salmon is heavy on the dinner rotation at our house. It is Tommy's favorite meal and its something that everyone eats. Moms, you know how tough that can be. We probably have salmon once a week, and I always serve it with rice and some kind of vegetable.
- 1 lb wild salmon
- Olive oil spray
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Spray a non stock dish with olive oil spray
- Place the fish skin side down in the dish
- Season with the garlic powder, salt, pepper
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the entire piece of fish.
Bake for approximately 20 minutes. Baking time can vary depending on the thickness of the fish. Overcooked salmon is not good.. I recommend using a meat thermometer to know its thoroughly cooked. I am notorious for overcooking for fear of getting sick.. This meat thermometer from Amazon is the one we use. For the kids I mix the salmon and rice together and then add a splash of soy sauce.