Baked Sweet Potatoes w/ Everything Bagel Seasoning
If you're like me, then you LOVE sweet potatoes. They are considered a super-food, and they are certainly one of my favorites. They are a good source of fiber, and are full of vitamins and minerals. Beta-Carotene is the antioxidant that gives them their bright orange color (also known as vitamin K). I always suggest adding them into your diet if you find yourself hungry after meals, as they help keep you feeling full longer. Here's my favorite way to eat them!
- Sweet potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Salt/Pepper, Garlic powder, Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wash and dry sweet potatoes, keep the skin on
- Cut the ends off of the potatoes and them cut them lengthwise into long strips. Try and keep them the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in a metal baking pan and drizzle with olive oil. Then use your hands to cover each slice (top and bottom) with the oil.
- Season them with the Everything Bagel Seasoning first, then with a little salt/pepper and garlic powder.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes in the oven. Test them with a fork to see how cooked they are. If the fork pierces the potato easily then they are done.
- Side note: The everything bagel seasoning can be found at Trader Joes, and Aldi just started selling their own version as well.
I eat these right out of the oven with the skin on. If you don't eat the skin, then you miss out on many vitamins and minerals. Side note: This recipe was adapted and inspired by Song of Style.