Chocolate chip almond butter balls
Ok, please tell me I'm not alone when I say that I've been on a chocolate eating frenzy since Valentines Day, or maybe even Christmas... Shhhh... Then there were the Girl Scout cookies I ordered, why oh why do I always order so many boxes every year. Anyway, I'm on a mission to try and kick the sugar addiction, or at least cut WAY back. This past week I did much better with the snacking, and honestly I feel way better when I cut back. Today I decided to make a yummy little treat to eat throughout the week when those cravings hit. This recipe was inspired by one of my fav foodies, The Toasted Pinenut. These are super simple and quick to make. I usually have all of the ingredients on hand too. You will need a food processor to make these.
- 1/2 cup almond butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Put the almond butter, agave nectar, chia seeds, and coconut flour into the food processor and blend for about 20-30 seconds, or until mixed.
- Then add the walnuts and chocolate chips and blend for about 10 seconds.
- Next, use a spatula to scrape the sides of the food processor and make sure everything is thoroughly mixed.
- Using your hands form into little balls. Makes between 10-12.
- Store them in the fridge and enjoy.
So simple and good! You can also play around with this recipe by adding different kinds of nut butters, nuts, protein powder, etc. So many good possibilities!