Easy sheet pan chicken & veggies
This recipe was adapted from one that I found from Green Healthy Cooking. The original recipe is called Chicken Quinoa Bowl. One thing I love about sheet pan recipes is that they are so versatile and interchangeable. I'll be honest, I was a bit skeptical that cooking chicken breasts in the oven would cause them to be dry, but they were incredible juicy and not the least bit tough. Here are the details:
- 1 package chicken breasts (roughly 1 pound)
- 1 container of mushrooms
- 1 red onion
- 5 garlic cloves
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 3-4 sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1/2 lb. green beans
- 3 tsp paprika
- 3 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2-3 tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cook quinoa according to package, or in a rice cooker (my preference). If using a rice cooker its a one to 2 ratio. 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water.
- Peel & slice the red onion, chop garlic
- Wash the green beans (remove ends) and mushrooms
- Place chicken breasts in a bowl and drizzle with olive oil and half of the garlic, sprinkle half of the seasonings over chicken. Cover thoroughly and set aside.
- In another bowl or two add the vegetables and drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle half of the seasonings and garlic.
- Prepare a glass casserole dish by spraying with olive oil. Place the chicken in the dish and then add the onions.
- Prepare a sheet pan by spraying with olive oil. Add all of the vegetables to the pan. You could use two pans if need be, and its helpful to have one just for the sweet potatoes.
- Please both the casserole dish and the sheet pan into the oven.
- Cook for 20 minutes or until chicken registers 165 degrees Fahrenheit. I always check my poultry and meat using a thermometer, that way I don't risk overcooking.
- I do recommend stirring the vegetables halfway through, as the sweet potatoes can get a bit brown.
- Once everything is finished, store in the fridge for easy meal prep throughout the week.
Let me know if you try this recipe!