We're all about the snacks in this house. I always like to have a sweet yet filling treat on hand for the kids and myself. I was especially hungry back when I was breast feeding Jack, and I always kept my pantry stocked with snacks that were easy to eat while feeding him. They also say that oats help with milk production, so they're the perfect snack for breast feeding mamas. You can also easily play around with the ingredients and sub out chia seeds and or ground flax seeds for other items, like hemp seeds or nuts.
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 scoop drink orgain chocolate peanut butter protein powder
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- Handful of mini chocolate chips
- Dash of cinnamon
- Mix everything together and form into balls, store in the fridge. You may need/want to add more peanut butter or maple syrup to get the desired consistency. Makes roughly 12. Drop me a comment below if you try these. Happy snacking!