Healthy Chicken Nuggets Two Ways
Doesn't everyone love chicken nuggets? I try and avoid fried food as much as possible, but I do love a good crispy chicken nugget. These chicken nuggets can be made two different ways: Spicy Buffalo & Classic
I usually make the Buffalo for Lee and myself, and the classic version for the kids.
Here are the details for the Buffalo Chicken Nuggets:
- 1lb boneless, skinless, organic chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4c panko bread crumbs
- 1/4c Italian bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp Hot Sauce
- Olive Oil Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. I like to use my toaster oven, which is faster to heat up. Just make sure you cover the tray with foil and spray with olive oil.
- If using a conventional oven, spray a baking dish with olive oil spray and set aside.
- Cut chicken into strips or chunks. I would advise making them the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Put chicken into a bowl and add the olive oil and hot sauce. Cover chicken to coat.
- In another bowl add the dry ingredients: all spices & bread crumbs (Italian & Panko).
- Dip the chicken one or two pieces at a time into the bread crumb and spice mix, coating on both sides, then put onto the backing tray.
- Cook for 12 minutes, then flip chicken and cook at additional 4-5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- I like to use a meat thermometer to ensure its cooked though, but not overcooked (which is easy to do).
- White meat chicken needs to be cooked to 160 degrees Fahrenheit to be considered safe to consume.
Classic Chicken Nuggets:
- Make these exactly as described above, but omit the chili powder, paprika and hot sauce.
- Its that simple!
I hope that your kids love these as much as mine do!