This spicy curry is super easy to make and so flavorful! The Golden Curry sauce was purchased from our local Global Foods store, and can definitely be found at any Asian food store. One sauce packet is for one serving, so the number of packages you need is determined by how many servings you are making.
- 1 package chicken thighs (I prefer boneless)
- 1-2 packages of Golden Curry sauce
- Panko bread crumbs
- 2-3 eggs
- Jasmine rice (or preferred starch)
- Salt & pepper
- Rice cooker
- Air fryer
- Cook rice according to package or with rice cooker. I personally cannot cook without a rice cooker.
- Take out three bowls: One should have plain white flour, one with a scrambled egg, and one with panko bread crumbs.
- Remove chicken from package and season on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Prepare air fryer by spraying tray with non-stick spray
- Coat the chicken in flour on both sides, then coat both sides in the egg mixture, then coat both sides in panko bread crumbs.
- Place chicken in air fryer and cook at 360 degrees for 10-12 minutes. To ensure that you don't overcook I highly recommend using a digital thermometer. Check the temperature at the thickest point, and it should ready 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you're looking to add more protein in, we will also serve this with hard boiled eggs.
- To cook your eggs, boil water and once the water is boiling add eggs and cook for 10-11 minutes. Once cooked run under cold water to ensure they stop cooking.
- To cook the sauce I use the same boiling water from the eggs. Place sauce pouches into the boiling water and cook for 2-3 minutes.
You can substitute chicken thighs for breasts, but I think thighs have a better flavor. Let me know if you try this recipe!