The Best Banana Muffins
Does anyone else have a freezer full of frozen bananas? I feel like my kids go through phases where they eat bananas all the time, and then no one will touch them and I still continue buying them out of habit. If you know me well, you know that I'm not a waster, so into the freezer they go. I like to freeze them in sandwich bags already in individual portions. I separate the bananas in case I want to pull out one or a half of a banana for a smoothie. Ok, here are the details for the yummiest banana muffins!
- 1 cup coconut or almond flour (they both taste amazing)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 eggs
- 3 overly ripe mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Muffin tins
- Cupcake liners (I love my silicone liners)
- 2 bowls, spoon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- First you want to mix the dry ingredients together: Flours, flax seeds, oats, brown sugar, salt & spices. Set this aside.
- Measure out a 1/3 cup of coconut oil and melt in the microwave, between 40-45 seconds.
- Now we're going to mix the wet ingredients: Egg, milk, bananas, coconut oil, vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until combined. I use a wooden spoon.
- Once mixed then add the walnuts
- Pour into silicone liners and fill about 3/4 way full
- Bake for 14-15 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean
- Makes roughly 18 muffins
Now try not to eat them all in one day! Happy baking!