The BEST vegan chili
So we have been trying to eat a bit less meat lately. We've tried a few plant based options and definitely like the Impossible Meat the best. I decided to try making chili with it, and this was a huge hit. Jack ate three bowls one night, and the leftovers were gone before I could get any. You could certainly make this using regular ground beef and I'm sure it would be delicious. This is made in the crockpot, which I love because its minimal mess and super easy. Here are the details:
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 12oz package of Impossible meat
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 (10 oz) can of tomatoes w/ chilis, drained
- 3 (8 oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (15 oz) cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans of diced tomatoes (w/ their juice)
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Pour olive oil into a medium sauce pan and heat pan at medium/low heat. Once hot, add the Impossible Meat and break into tiny bits and cook all the way through.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the onion and Sautee for 3-4 minutes.
- Next add the fresh garlic and all the seasonings and cook for another minute.
- Pour meat mixture into the crockpot along with all of the remaining canned ingredients.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
That's it! Easy, delicious, and protein packed! I love having chili with corn bread, but my husband is team crackers. What about you?