My family LOVES meatloaf (especially Jack)! I joke that he's like the guy from the movie "Wedding Crashers." "MOM MORE MEATLOAF!" Does anyone know what I'm talking about? He seriously sounds just like him. This recipe was handed down to me by my mother, and she made it pretty frequently when I was a child. I typically serve this with some kind of a starch, rice or potatoes, and we always have a vegetable and fruit. I usually half the recipe, but the way these boys are eating I might start making the full 2LB of ground beef. Here are the details for the full recipe.
- 1 package onion soup mix
- 2 LB lean ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, (except for the ground beef)
- Once mixed add the ground beef. Make sure that everything is blended together. Your hands will work better than a spoon.
- Once oven is heated, bake for 1 hour. If you decide to cut the recipe in half like I do, then I typically bake it for about 42 minutes.
Let me know if you try this recipe!