Cauliflower & Chickpea Curry
If you watch my stories then you know that Cauliflower & Chickpea curry is heavy on the dinner rotation at our house. Jack is the only child that will eat it, but my husband and I like it too. This recipe was adapted from Kayla Itsines cookbook. This vegan recipe is protein packed and is perfect for meatless Mondays!
- 2-3 cups of white or brown rice (we love Japanese rice)
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion (chopped)
- 2 tbsp ginger (I use the paste that comes in a tube from Aldi). You can also use freshly grated ginger, but I would suggest adding 1 tbsp instead of 2
- 5 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp ground tumeric
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1 can of tomatoes
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper to taste
- First cook your rice. We use a Japanese rice cooker, and I am obsessed! Super easy to use and definitely a must have kitchen appliance.
- Pour the olive oil into a medium sized sauce pan and heat over medium/low heat
- Once the pan is hot, add the onion, garlic & ginger. Sautee for 2-3 minutes, and be careful that it doesn't get too brown. Cook it just enough so that the onions are translucent.
- Next add the spices and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, coconut milk, cauliflower, tomatoes, peas and chickpeas. Mix until combined and then color with a lid.
- Cook on medium/low heat covered for 15 minutes.
- Make sure you stir occasionally
Serve over your preferred type of rice! I love pairing this with my famous garlic nann bread. Yum!