Chicken & Sweet Potato Curry
This recipe was inspired by one that is in Kayla Itsine's cookbook "The Bikini Body 28-Day Healthy Eating & Lifestyle Guide." If you follow me on IG then you know that I'm a BIG BBG fan and supporter of Kayla. I love curry, sweet potatoes, and spinach, and this recipe has it all. The kids are not fans of this dinner, but my husband and I love it.
- Rice of your choice (I use Jasmine)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound of boneless chicken breast, diced into pieces
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 3/4 c vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1" pieces
- 3/4 c coconut milk
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- First cook your desired rice. We usually eat Jasmine or white rice, and I always use a rice cooker. I'm not sure exactly how much rice I cook, but its a lot. We usually just keep the leftover rice in the fridge and eat with other meals. I probably make 2ish cups.
- Heat olive oil on a medium size sauce pan over medium to low heat.
- Add onion when the pan is hot and cook for 3-4 minutes or until soft and clear, continuing to stir to avoid them sticking.
- Add the chicken and cook for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned. Stir frequently so it doesn't stick or burn.
- Add the garlic, cumin, garam masala and curry powder, and continue to cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, stock and sweet potatoes.
- Simmer for 20-25 minutes until chicken is cooked through and sweet potatoes are soft.
- Stir in the coconut milk and spinach and simmer for a few minutes until spinach is wilted.
This curry is delicious when served over rice or even quinoa. Its extra good with my favorite Garlic Nann Bread. Enjoy!