Lightened up Butter Chicken
We LOVE Indian food at our house. I've been making a lightened up version of a recipe I found on You Tube for Butter Chicken, and its AMAZING! It flavorful and comforting and I could eat it every week. Here are the details:
- 2 packages chicken thighs or breasts, diced
- 1/8 c olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp tumeric
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 3/4 c water
- 1 1/2 cups milk ( I use whole milk)
- Heat olive oil in large saucepan over medium to low heat. Then add the garlic and sauté until lightly golden, be careful not to let it stick and burn.
- Turn the heat down to low and add one can of tomato paste. Cook the tomato paste and garlic for 1-2 minutes.
- Next add of all the spices and cook until fragrant, roughly 2-3 minutes.
- Add 3/4 c water and the diced chicken.
- Mix thoroughly and cook on low/medium heat for 10-15 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Add the 1 1/2 cups of milk, stir, and you're done!
We eat this with white rice, or you could use Jasmine or Basmati, or even quinoa. I also always serve this with garlic naan bread.
Happy Cooking friends!